Bring your imagination to our LEGO brick-building contest, where kids ages 8-17 can compete for prizes, awarded by a panel of judges.
- Space is limited so RSVP early!
- RSVP is required. Please call Kathy Garvin at 540-463-7103 x 124.
- $5 per person entry fee is due on the day of the contest.
- Each contestant will create a LEGO item that reflects a chosen theme, yet to be determined.
- At the start of the competition all participants will receive a free tour of the museum exhibition to obtain ideas for their design.
- All LEGOs will be provided by the Marshall Museum.
- Participants will not be allowed to bring their own LEGOs or a design already conceived.
- Paper and pencils will be provided for participants who want to sketch a design before creating it.
- All entries must be completely assembled within the time limit. All assembly must be completed on site during the contest.
- All participants must be accompanied by an adult; the adult may not build with the participant–only observe and encourage.
- Participants will have the opportunity to describe their creation as part of the judging process.
- Independent judges will select grand, second and third place winners, each of which will receive a prize and a ribbon.
Participation in the event assumes consent for photographs to be used for museum purposes. LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group of Companies, which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this event.