- The Marshall Library is open Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- The Library is closed on Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday), Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day (to include the week between these two holidays).The library occasionally closes for Foundation activities.
- Researchers are strongly recommended to contact a member of the library staff well in advance to schedule a research visit. These staff members will be glad to assist you:
- Finding aids for the collections can be reviewed prior to a research visit. If you know the collection or specific boxes you would like to see, let the library staff know in advance and the materials can be pulled before your arrival.
- In addition to manuscript collections, the library also has a large collection of photographs, posters, and maps. Of particular interest to researchers is the Marshall Foundation National Archives Project. This collection contains almost 1 million pages of copied material from the National Archives and was created to augment George C. Marshall’s personal papers.
- The Lexington Visitors Guide provides information on accommodations (page 19), restaurants, and attractions in the area. This link will open in a new window.
- Open this link for directions to the Marshall Foundation
- For more information on the research policies and procedures of the library, follow the links on the right.
- Please call the library staff if you have any questions about your research visit.